Missing Login User Info and a Loop (Wp user ID1)

DjPorkchop73
User www
User www

Re: Missing Login User Info and a Loop (Wp user ID1)

Post by DjPorkchop73 »

I updated the website and altered overall_footer as suggested. I no longer receive any loops so far.

I can login successfully to the website as other users and they are logged in to phpBB and WordPress as well. If I try to login To phpBB I am loged in successfully but it no longer logs me in to WordPress as well. Is this by design for security or did I miss a setting? With that account in particular I can login with the wp-admin link instead of being re-routed to phpBB as I instructed it to do in phpBB w3all integration.
If I could I would. If I don't, it's because I am lazy!

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Hello, hope that you had a nice and peaceful holiday time with your family!
Sorry for the delay on answer. It is my time. I 'm following a new site that absorbed +- all my time last 3 days, and more some little trouble around.
And sorry that i just fixed on fly, but not switched all to the new v6 version, the page-forum and js code.
Anyway yes, loops have been fixed. But a better preloader logic still not applied.

So now, when you login in phpBB the login is inconsistent when you go to wp side?
Let check because into this site just updated to latest i'm experiencing the same. There is installed WP Super cache, and i assumed it was the reason, but so, it is better to check what's going on with the code about this testing it .... let you know asap!
DjPorkchop73
User www
User www

Post by DjPorkchop73 »

Hello. No worries at all on time and yes was a wonderful time with family! :D

Yes, now on my website I experience login with editor and other users just fine between phpBB and wordpress but no longer between the website admin account. If I login to phpBB it does not log me in to WordPress at all. I have to login via the wp-admin link which I actually set to redirect to phpBB via the phpBBw3-all settings. But so far this happens with only the unlinked admin.

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Ok, this is it. You need to consider that UID 1 in wp and default uid 2 in phpBB are not considered.

To be up and running and stop any problem, consider this:
you could

Create a new user in wordpress, name it as you like, make him admnistrator, both in wordpress and phpBB (in phpBB make him founder with all privileges on acp!)

Now login with this new admin with another browser.
Delete the admin 1, retaining posts (that i assume is the problem that stop you to eliminate this user? maybe no, anyway may you know already argued that you could do this), assign his posts to this new admin.

If you wish to have the username of the admin you deleted, you can choose the display_name option you want into wp profile or:

re-create an user with username of the uid1 you deleted. Make him admin both in wp and phpBB (in phpBB make him founder!)
login with him
then delete the last one, assigning posts to this new created.

You can also leave all as is.
Create a new user in wp make him admin both in wp and phpBB and assign him as display name the name you like.
That's the more easy and fast.
DjPorkchop73
User www
User www

Post by DjPorkchop73 »

Ah you read my mind! I was thinking of doing that scenario exactly but was going to wait and see what your thoughts were first. My thinking was right away that phpBB admin and Wordpress admin were no longer linked so create a new user. ;) .

I will give that a go and report back. I appreciate the reply as always.

DjPorkchop73
User www
User www

Post by DjPorkchop73 »

I am more than happy to report that with creation of a new user admin that now both accounts are linked back up and 1 login only now and no more loops. Life is good on the website. :D I would say my long standing issue I had is solved?