Coming WP_w3all 1.5.0 additions and fixes

axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Coming WP_w3all 1.5.0 additions and fixes

Post by axew3 »

In this topic what will be added/fixed on next coming WP_w3all phpBB WordPress integration 1.5.0.
WP_w3all 1.5.0 fixes and additions:

Addition: Avatars option - as option, avatars are pulled on WordPress from phpBB profile, to replace default WordPress avatars. This option will be improved time by time to become or to be used (also) as a separated feature/plugin (that will replace avatars in WP in several ways, no only from phpBB avatars).

Fix: by sitmo2012 https://profiles.wordpress.org/sitmo2012
Improved Last Topics Posts query -> https://wordpress.org/support/topic/slow-query-10/
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

It will be possible to add avatars only in posts/pages , or also on Last topics widgets.
Avatars on Last topics added. This is an option feature that is possible activate or not.
Avatar dimensions setting, for the last topics widget.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: Coming WP_w3all 1.5.0 additions and fixes

Post by axew3 »

If all ok, so as soon is possible within today, WP_w3ll phpBB WordPress integration vers. 1.5.0 will be released.

On 1.5.0 as option, avatars can be pulled into WP from phpBB.
It is possible to activate avatars only for WP posts and related comments.
Or add avatars also into Last Topics Forum Widgets.
Both are options, on WP_w3all config admin page.
This is the version 1.0 of avatars in WP_w3all. On next versions, will be possible to provide some other way to add avatars for users in WP (from more external resources, included maybe, providing the image upload feature on WP profile).

Last Posts query, for last posts widget, as above reported, has been improved to run more efficiently (by Sitmo2012 at wp.org)

On 1.5.0 any Php Warning or Notice, has been fixed, together with a possible query error that was coming out in certain conditions (query error: wrong users insert where user already exist).

WP_w3all 1.5.0 (for what i've been able to do with my english!) correct and improve many hints, all should result quite easy for anybody to understand how to setup and use all features on WP_w3all.

In the hope that no evil will come out within today, here we go, WP_w3all 1.5.0 will be released.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

while all is ready about wp_w3all 1.5.0:
but the evil have come out.

I realize this, due to wrong way i've choose to resolve with manual config and addition of the wp-content/plugins/wp-w3all-phpbb-integration/phpbb/config.php file into wp_w3all plugin folder.
The problem is: on plugin update, the wp-content/plugins/wp-w3all-phpbb-integration/phpbb/config.php file will be deleted. So, it will be necessary to setup any time the manual config.php, on plugin update, if we had set path on WP_w3all to include the wp-content/plugins/wp-w3all-phpbb-integration/phpbb/config.php (manual config as suggested!), and not the phpBB root config.php.

I'm sorry, there is no hook in WP to avoid this and there are two solutions:
1) add on wp_w3all config, the manual config form to setup values for phpBB db connection.
The code about this is ready, as i had start it, and after abandoned, choosing instead to add a manual config.php into (wp-content/plugins/wp-w3all-phpbb-integration/phpbb/config.php).

2) change the way manual config work, adding a folder somewhere out the WP_w3all plugin folder, with inside the config.php that will not so be deleted onplugin update.

Maybe the first.

Think to postpone the release of 1.5.0 fixing maybe before almost this point.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Bad group assignement fix for users added from phpBB into WP.
It has become bug from addition of ext_plugins_fixes.php file.
Resolved on WP_w3all 1.5.0.

WP_w3all 1.5.0, after 1001 tests, will be released within tomorrow my time, 12 sept.

I'm sorry for the delay on release due to some problem on testing avatars on twentysixteen theme:
https://wordpress.org/support/topic/twe ... ront-page/
i've still not get answer about, and i have not the time to investigate but if any problem, we will so fix on next release.