w3all User
w3all User

2.5.3 released, and coming 2.5.4 logs

Post by axew3 »

Code: Select all

== Changelog ==

= 2.5.3 =
*Release Date - 27 Jan, 2022*

* Fix: 'Error: the provided email is associated with another account into our forum' coming out when user register in phpBB and then should be added into WordPress due to a valid phpBB session or explicit login into WP
* Fix: all others cases, where an user registered in phpBB and then should be added in WP, included user addition in WP using the phpBB integration extension option (that if used do not need to be updated, the bug was affecting the plugin code and not the phpBB extension)
* Note: about the above you should read this note, if using MemberPress, and you let users register into phpBB, and may you are not using the phpBB WP integration extension: https://www.axew3.com/w3/forums/viewtopic.php?p=5462#p5462
* Fix: should fix any case where error 'email exist' was wrongly fired
* Add: option 'Disable the check of the email existance in phpBB before it is updated in WordPress (front end plugins profile pages)'. The option mean is explained within same option hint into plugin admin page
* Minor lang hint fixes
2.5.4 will add auto group switch option, if no more important bugs to be resolved in the while will come out, and as explained into previous release thread:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1684
pennymachines
User www
User www

Re: 2.5.3 released, and coming 2.5.4 logs

Post by pennymachines »

I'm seeing the following error when I try to delete a User from my WP Multisite network:
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_results() on string in /home/www/mysite.co.uk/myfolder/wp-content/plugins/wp-w3all-phpbb-integration/class.wp.w3all-phpbb.php:1785 Stack trace: #0 /home/www/mysite.co.uk/myfolder/wp-content/plugins/wp-w3all-phpbb-integration/class.wp.w3all-phpbb.php(1859): WP_w3all_phpbb::wp_w3all_get_phpbb_user_info('spamuser') #1 /home/www/mysite.co.uk/myfolder/wp-content/plugins/wp-w3all-phpbb-integration/wp_w3all.php(1143): WP_w3all_phpbb::wp_w3all_phpbb_delete_user_signup(3854) #2 /home/www/mysite.co.uk/myfolder/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(309): w3all_wpmu_delete_user(3854) #3 /home/www/mysite.co.uk/myfolder/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(331): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array) #4 /home/www/mysite.co.uk/myfolder/wp-includes/plugin.php(474): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #5 /home/www/mysite.co.uk/myfolder/wp-admin/includes/ms.php(173): do_action('wpmu_delete_use...', 3854, Object(WP_User)) #6 /home/www/mysite.co.uk/myfolder/wp-admin in /home/www/mysite.co.uk/myfolder/wp-content/plugins/wp-w3all-phpbb-integration/class.wp.w3all-phpbb.php on line 1785
I'm not sure if this comes from the latest (2.5.3) release, but it's new.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Hello David thank for the report.
Going to fix it and let you know.
Then i will take a fast re-look to multisite installs fixing any possible problem.
If you found something else please let know.
pennymachines
User www
User www

Post by pennymachines »

Will do - thanks!
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: 2.5.3 released, and coming 2.5.4/5 logs

Post by axew3 »

Ok, i'm over now and i see that the problem you report is about this:

/wp-content/plugins/wp-w3all-phpbb-integration/class.wp.w3all-phpbb.php

this line (line 1859 on 2.5.3):

$phpbb_udata = self::wp_w3all_get_phpbb_user_info($user->user_login);
change into:

$phpbb_udata = self::wp_w3all_get_phpbb_user_info($user->user_email);
Going to test out all on multisite, if any bug more on mums please let know (or if it stil do not fixed on your side)

2.5.4 has been released to fix multisite delete user error

[EDITED]