w3all User

2.5.4 released, and coming 2.5.5 logs

Post by axew3 »

Code: Select all

== Changelog ==

= 2.5.4 =
*Release Date - 29 Jan, 2022*

* Fix: error when user deleted on WordPress Multisite
On coming 2.5.5 if no more bugs to be resolved are coming out in the mean time, so that these features will be moved to the next release, will be added also:
1) groups auto switch option between WP and phpBB
2) users deletion at same time in phpBB, when user deleted in WP (required phpBB WP integration extension installed into phpBB)
3) users deletion at same time in WP, when user deleted in phpBB (required WP_w3all phpBB integration plugin installed into WP)

These two options (1and2 into plugin code, 1and3 into phpBB ext) are totally separated by the "core" of the plugin, so that will never interfere with any other existing function/feature that the plugin offer (if not used, the user will be just deactivated in phpBB when deleted in WP).
Can be used or not, like the phpBB extension and his related options, if installed.

Please report if you found any bug into actual 2.5.4 and any possible kind of integration you applied.

[EDITED]
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: 2.5.4 released, and coming 2.5.5 logs

Post by axew3 »

On next or within 2.6.0 will stop the requirement to transfer users into phpBB before the integration start (if using the phpBB extension).
When a WP user successfully login into wordpress, his account in phpBB is checked.
It will be easy to add the feature that if this user still do not exist in phpBB it will be created.
This will be possible while and if in phpBB there is the phpBB WP integration extension installed, that if option active, before to register an user, check if username and email exist into the linked WP.
So the option, may will be activated, like the other that will allow to delete users at same time into phpBB, only if the phpBB extension has been installed into phpBB, and related options active.

Will be required by the way to adjust (remove) duplicated usernames and emails in phpBB, in any case (or you really need to know what you are doing), because these features are allowed in phpBB and not in WP. Which user with same email, will be recognized in WP when a session presented? The first record (lower id) found into db.
floxshifu
User www
User www

Post by floxshifu »

Hi !

Is it possible to check the sessions and the cookies, about the login, because there is some issues when using page-forum.php with iframe embedded, when I tried to login directly into the forum, I'm disconnected in the second, and redirected to the Wordpress page login.
My cookies and others settings are corrects, like asked in the w3all config.

Do you have any idea? Do you want a test account ?
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

You are redirected to the login page in WP, but are you logged in?
Have you try to move from the login page to a front end page? The user is logged in or not?
I should be able to reproduce doing the same you are doing, but yes if you can, send it via pm so i will have it available whenever necessary a test.

I know that when the login is done into phpBB, there is a redirect to wp home, that should not happen instead.
I will take a look adjusting once all things about this
floxshifu
User www
User www

Post by floxshifu »

I mean, if you try to login into the forum without login in w3all widget in wordpress, the login is not working, and, when it's working, you are immediately disconnetec and redirected to "wp-login.php".

I'll send you a test account in PM.

Thanks.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

I just tested that is all working, while logging in an existent user. In any way.
While if the user has still not been created in WP (because not using the extension with option active that add the user in WP as soon it register in phpBB and his account activated, like into this online example is (here the extension is 1.0.0 where no user is added in WP at the time he register in phpBB)) then at first login, the user is forced and redirected to wp. But only in this case. If the user exist already in WP, the redirect correctly return to page-forum (but i'm looking to change something about redirects when login done into phpBB iframed, and improve it)

Into page forum, the unique change i applied into this online example respect the default plugin code, at moment is:

document.location.replace('".$w3allhomeurl."/index.php/".$wp_w3all_forum_folder_wp."/');
into page-forum, changed into

document.location.replace('".$w3allhomeurl."/".$wp_w3all_forum_folder_wp."/');
that i assume have nothing to do with what you experience. Instead yes, it seem a possible cookie issue the problem you report.