2.5.4 released, and coming 2.5.5 logs

axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: 2.5.4 released, and coming 2.5.5 logs

Post by axew3 »

but the weird thing is that issue has been solved by updating OTHERS plugins...
very nice to know. So it was not a this plugin issue.
In effect once this option disabled the behavior you report should not exist (and i will say more about others when i will be absolutely sure of a thing)
Let know if you still note some trouble or something come up about, thank you!
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

madoma73 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:24 pm I'm trying to optimize at maximum page load on Wordpress,
it appears the iframe js is viewed as hardcoded whereas it seems to have others ways, could you please consider using standard hooks like described below:
the recommended wp_enqueue_scripts() action hook (despite the name, it is used for enqueuing both scripts and styles) which is the proper one to use when enqueuing scripts and styles that are meant to appear on the front end. The standard functions that are used inside the hook to do an enqueuing are: wp_enqueue_style(), wp_add_inline_style(), wp_enqueue_script() & wp_add_inline_script().

Regards

Pierre
Yes! Let see last issue about a thing done into coming 2.5.5 and i will check for this one, thank you for suggestion Pierre
I hope to put all out within today (at max my night time)
madoma73
User ww
User ww

Post by madoma73 »

another request
on my theme, I have sidebars (cf below)
SC2.png
but it disappears on forum page (see below), how could I keep sidebars also on forum page ?
SC1.png
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

well, this is simple, i will explain with an easy howto, but into another post (because this is not the right topic).
I will do it soon (it is just a thing to duplicate a default page of your theme, and put on it the page-forum content.
I will check also if it is possible to have this result just changing wp themes settings (just adding something (very little) more into page-forum)
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

2.5.5 has been released!

Code: Select all

== Changelog ==

= 2.5.5 =
*Release Date - 9 Feb, 2022*

* Fix: correctly remove all db options (famous 5/6 rows) when plugin uninstalled
* Fix: clean up function wp_w3all_phpbb_delete_user_signup() from not necessary code
* Add: no_avatars="1" param into shortcodes 'w3allastopics' and 'w3allastopicforumsids'. If the paramater is set and is set to 1, avatars will not display into the used shortcode, even if into the plugin admin, avatars settings have been set as active. Note that to update to this if using custom shortcodes files you have to substitute these files or this shortcode option will not affect
* Fix: 'w3allforumpost' shortcode to correctly display or not the attachment panel into rendered posts
* Add: option delete users in phpBB when deleted in WordPress. It require the 'phpBB WordPress integration common tasks extension' installed in phpBB to work as expected. It do not require to activate any option into the extension
* Note about delete users option: by default users deleted in WP are deactivated in phpBB, and it will continue to be the default behavior if option not active (and even if active: so that if the cURL will fail, and users not deleted in phpBB, users will be by the way deactivated in phpBB)
* See logs: https://www.axew3.com/w3/forums/viewtopic.php?p=5511#p5511
* phpBB extension: download and follow instructions if you wish to update to 1.0.2 (that only add the above mentioned feature about users deletion) here: https://www.axew3.com/w3/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1670
* Note: the phpBB extension will not anymore provided within the plugin. To make it more comfortable to be updated all will be ever into one single place: https://www.axew3.com/w3/forums/viewtopic.php?p=5509#p5509
* Note: the phpBB extension main page link has been added into plugin admin page
* Fix: more hints simplified (to be more clear, like about bruteforce behavior) into phpBB admin
* New: help install simplified, shortened and improved has been linked into plugin admin and the old marked as obsolete: https://www.axew3.com/w3/wordpress-phpbb-integration-install/
* More minor fixes and clean up
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

madoma73 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:24 pm I'm trying to optimize at maximum page load on Wordpress,
it appears the iframe js is viewed as hardcoded whereas it seems to have others ways, could you please consider using standard hooks like described below:
the recommended wp_enqueue_scripts() action hook (despite the name, it is used for enqueuing both scripts and styles) which is the proper one to use when enqueuing scripts and styles that are meant to appear on the front end. The standard functions that are used inside the hook to do an enqueuing are: wp_enqueue_style(), wp_add_inline_style(), wp_enqueue_script() & wp_add_inline_script().

Regards

Pierre
So Pierre, about this: i have take a look focusing into your hints.
But i do not see a possible better way to enqueue things.
Page forum just enqueue on page header some css and js using add_action('wp_head','wp_w3all_add_ajax'); which is very simple and you can see what it add. Substantially nothing heavy, just little css and little js to response PMs and resize.

The problem with an iframe, is that the page do not only load (the first time) wordpress, but also the entire phpBB into an iframe.
But i will follow to see around this and let you know.

In the while, i see that in the past i placed an iframe shortcode. Very incomplete.

It is time to setup this shortcode that will answer to the templates problem.
The effect will be the same exact of the page-forum, but using a shortcode, the iframe will appear everywhere we like.
Also into a widget.

This will be awesome if it can be done as i think.
Easy and effective.
I will give you to test out, not sure if this feature will be free.