w3all User
w3all User

Coming WordPress phpBB 2.5.9 and 2.5.8 report bugs

Post by axew3 »

Code: Select all

== Changelog ==

= 2.5.8 =
*Release Date - 22 Feb, 2022*

* Fix: definitively fix the important option "Disable existence check of the email in phpBB before it is updated in WordPress" that was setting at contrary the resulting effect enabled/disabled
* Fix: fix wp_w3all.php and admin/config.php to correctly manage the last added phpbb_iframe_short_pages shortcode option
Report if there is any bug or feature you still do not see and that would be possible to add.

One i think will be added, is stats from phpBB and online users.
In true, this feature is already available into a little commented query not used but ready in place by months now.
I would like to have an option, that if active, will return this result:
display forum's online users, and all others stats (as options) into a widget/shortcode. And, use these same values (so without overload phpBB or WP with hard queries) to detect into last posts widgets and shortcodes, if the poster is online or not (option).

I am also looking for the new V5 iframe code improvement, moving to V6 new version as soon it will be applied.

Report 2.5.8 bugs!
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: Coming WordPress phpBB 2.5.9 and 2.5.8 report bugs

Post by axew3 »

The V5 js code will change soon, but not too much to justify a V6 release.
The V5 code will be updated to accomplish with a smoother result and a perfect iframe re-position in all cases.
It has been little shortened and little optimized.
As published (hope today) i'll reply here.

Please report any bug you may found into 2.5.8!
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

The
WordPress phpBB template integration V5 js code has been updated together with related page-forum.
Both optimized at max and shortened.

The js code overall_footer.html js code have been correctly wrapped, to not be outputted when it is a bot/crawler scanning the forum.
It has been shortened and fixed to return ever, the correct smooth reposition on page. The page-forum has been shortened and fixed to accomplish with (if you wish to update also it). The shortcode iframe will be also fixed about a single instruction, to be the same as on it will be now page-forum. This is not mandatory to update to the latest overall_footer.html code or add this instruction (un-comment, the instruction in true is there since years now) into page-forum or related shortcode file. But the result is optimized and always quite perfect now, so hope you'll switch to!

The shortcode smooth reposition will be completed, so you'll see complete benefit, when on next plugin update, these lines

//,
//scrollCallback: function(x,y){
//return false;
//}
become

scrollCallback: function(x,y){
return false;
}
on file
/wp-content/plugins/wp-w3all-phpbb-integration/views/wp_w3all_phpbb_iframe_short.php
as it is already, into the just released page-forum.

So that if you want, you can also proceed by your self and apply this, and see all the difference right now, after you updated the overall_footer.html code to the last, without waiting for the 2.5.9 release that automatically will update the file wp_w3all_phpbb_iframe_short.php

Enjoy lovely people
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

if ( !current_user_can( 'manage_options' ) ) {
      die('<h3>Forbidden</h3>');
    }
instruction has been removed from all transfer and check files, because it is not useful and (in true) do not add any security.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

The w3all_get_phpbb_config() function call has been moved inside the
private static function w3all_db_connect(){ into file /wp-content/plugins/wp-w3all-phpbb-integration/class.wp.w3all-phpbb.php
so to have the phpBB config values as soon the connection available, and not anywhere else into some other hook call.
It will optimize the whole flow.
The assumption come out due to reported problem (and it is surely correct, even if the reported problem seem to be so strange). 2.5.9 fix this aspect anyway under any possibility:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/can ... t-15403259
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

This is not a security bug, because it happen only when an admin create an user via WP admin and we are on Woocommerce.
I noted, due to last tests on discovering the bug on woocommerce transactions caused by the check email hook (now resolved or to better say, the related option is now better explained), that if i go to create an user in WP, the admin that go to create the new WP user, will result with session of this new created username in phpBB (a phpBB session is released). I only tested that this happen with ID1 admin 1 in WP (but i assume will happen with any WP admin that goes to create an user).
Nothing dramatic, it is an user that the admin just created. But of course this is not needed (also because the ID1 which i experienced this is not linked into integration, but i assume that if the admin is not ID1, he will be logged out by the WP admin, if the just created user is not an admin, and/or will be logged in as this new admin or user if not admin) behavior. Could result so strange experience!

Already (it is easy and clear why it happen) reversed the thing, so this will be resolved on next coming soon 2.5.9.