phpbb embedded on wordpress tempate install questions

johncummings
User w
User w

phpbb embedded on wordpress tempate install questions

Post by johncummings »

Hi,

I want to make sure I have the instructions correct. My first attemped failed, but I think that was because of my error.

1) What exactly does this do? Does this make my forum look like it is part of my website with the same menu? I think it does, but want to make sure.

2) Do I need to re-install or refresh this everytime I modifiy my website? For example, if I add some new pages and navigation menus what needs to be done.

3) Does installing this have any dependencies? Does it require the (awesome) iframe template integration?

4) install steps - do I have this correct?

. Set the WP forum template page and create a blank page in WP. my forum is installed in the root directory, so I will chose a name other than forum
. create and rebuild WP_w3all_phpBB page template

. I am going to use the default page gap and fancy URL

. Update the overall header with your code

. copy the iframeResizer modules into phpbb root folder.

. Recompile the phpbb template from phpbb acb

. update overall header

Does this sound right?

Thanks
JOhn Cummings

johncummings
User w
User w

Re: phpbb embedded on wordpress tempate install questions

Post by johncummings »

I'm confused about the rebuild "page-forum.php" instructions.

Do I simply copy the file from the w3all-phpbb-integration/addons folder to my active template folder? The new page I created is "board", not forum since my/forum directory is in the root directory. Does this file need to be renamed to page-board.php?

Thanks
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

1) Yes, as you can see here, phpBB display into an iframe, inside a page in WP.
As you see here at axew3.com example
wordpress is installed into folder /w3
the phpBB is installed on
/w3/forums
on same wp folder,
so i created forum, that into active template folder so will be created as
page-forum.php
(because if the phpBB folder is on same folder of wp (so where wp-includes or wp-content folders exists), the page-forum need to be named into something else)
You need to create it via plugin admin, where related page-forum option
WP_w3all phpBB embedded on WordPress Template
and even if you go to create it manually coping the related file into addons plugin folder and pasting it into active template folder, the setting of the page-forum name you choose, need to be set into this option, it is required.

No, both have no dependencies, because both require the same overall_footer.html and overall_header.html js code added into phpBB template files, and as explained into iframe help procedure.
Then it is required also to have a WP blank page named with same name of the created page (so forum in this case example)

Please take care to not set ACP recompile setting as NO until you are not sure all is as you need, because once you set it as no and the overall_header code has been applied, any direct url will be redirected to the wp forum page (or whatever you called it). Read all hints that will save you from common mistakes. Just post if any trouble or doubt!
I am sure there are many points you still have not clear.
But will be easy to fix all and have an awesome template integration, let know

[EDITED]
johncummings
User w
User w

Post by johncummings »

Thanks,

I almost have it working. I think I have an issue with the "resizer" code. I thought it wasn't working, then I minimized my window and the forum showed up. When I maximized the window the forum goes away or has changed in some manner that I can not see it.

ANy clue? I will keep trying a few things .

Thanks
John
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

mhhh should be
may, into page-forum (or whatever named) OR into file /wp-content/plugins/wp-w3all-phpbb-integration/views/wp_w3all_phpbb_iframe_short.php

there is this line:

Code: Select all

// heightCalculationMethod: 'documentElementOffset', // If iframe not resize correctly, un-comment (or change with one of others available resize methods)
here the solution that i'll go to link into iframe help install (why i did not do it before?)
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1511
johncummings
User w
User w

Post by johncummings »

Thanks,

I will try those suggestions.

Having a new issue. When I receate my page-forum.php file it is empty - zero bytes. Any idea what could cause that?

Thanks
John