auto user register to phpBB or want to transfer?

Meis2M
User ww
User ww

auto user register to phpBB or want to transfer?

Post by Meis2M »

Hi i tested recently ur fantastic plugin, but i have a question

we need transfer user from wordpress to phpbb manualy always or it is transfer automaticlly?
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: auto user register to phpBB or want to transfer?

Post by axew3 »

Hello!
Only old existent WP users when integration start! It is mandatory because: if an user login in WP, a session in phpBB for the same user/email is set. But if this user/email do not exist, when code will check for user's session, checking also if the user exists into phpBB, and not founding, the code will logout the WP user. No associated session for an user has been found in phpBB.

When users register in WordPress, they are added into phpBB at same time (because it is a WP plugin)
If you want the same when user register in phpBB, then you have to install the phpBB WordPress extension in phpBB.
If you do not install the phpBB extension, phpBB users are added into WP when as logged in comes into WordPress, or when they will login in WP.
So in this case, you'll have to allow registration ONLY in phpBB or WordPress, and in phpBB you have to setup and avoid the use of same email for users, because it is possible in phpBB, but not in WP. It will cause, for example, and as can be argued, that if an user change his email in WP, the same will happen for all users in phpBB with same email (the integration works by email, and check for duplicate username in phpBB only when user register, if an email found in phpBB it will be refused, the same do the phpBB extension in WP if used).
Substantially you can configure the joke to work as more you like, it depend how you'll decide to integrate.

When integration start, (may) be sure that in phpBB there are no users with same emails.
If any other doubt just ask i will be in reply
And please, report any bug you may found, it will be fixed!

[EDITED]
Meis2M
User ww
User ww

Post by Meis2M »

thank u for quick reply...

so
after "WP_w3all phpBB db connection and main settings" and get green light , need do anything more for registering users in wp and auto add in phpBB ?
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

No! But check preferences and read hints, and post if any doubt

p.s the documentation should be may written better, it lack of something that may i consider obvious because i know the easy logic of the joke. So if any doubt just post, i will may add so hints into

p.s you can use the integration as not linked users into any site, also cross domain, to get lasts phpBB posts for example. If the integration run as not linked users, it will only work to retrieve posts into widgets or shortcodes, and do not will interact with registrations or cookies. It will be so useful to display phpBB into any WP, from any domain
Meis2M
User ww
User ww

Post by Meis2M »

wow... finally i do it

but a question

if i want to direct access to my phpbb it is not possbile:
https://www.php-test.ir/forum/
there is a refresh loop

but if i want to access from wp page it is ok
https://www.php-test.ir/board/?w3=aW5kZXgucGhw

why? any solution
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

First question:
did you created the page
forum ??
into plugin admin
where
Create or rebuild WordPress forum page template
set it as forum

then check that into your active template folder, should exist so a file named
page-forum.php

if it is not, because due to the click it has still not been created, copy it on folder
/wp-content/plugins/wp-w3all-phpbb-integration/addons/page-forum.php
and paste into
/wp-content/themes/yourActiveTHEME
then let know!