2.6.7 fixes todo logs - phpBB WordPress extension

axew3
w3all User
w3all User

2.6.7 fixes todo logs - phpBB WordPress extension

Post by axew3 »

-If any bug you found (or idea for features), please report here in reply:

1) i note that the admin ID1 in WP and phpBB ID2 are not linked and it is ok, but if i go to logout the userID1 in WP, the user in phpBB ID2 is by the way logged out, so the phpBB cookie has been removed on WP logout? Check if it is true or happened due to some other reason instead

2) beside the main plugin fixes, at same 2.6.7 time, the new phpBB WordPress extension will be released, and will fix redirects to wordpress, if redirects activated into options, that fires each time a new session in phpBB is released for the user (that do not happen only onlogin), so that the user is sometime (maybe) redirected to wp without apparently reason.
The extension also fix the fact that all options, included db connection settings to the linked WP, are now into the phpBB ACP extension configuration page, and not anymore into the file config.php to be edited with a txt editor

Re: 2.6.7 fixes todo logs - phpBB WordPress extension

Post by Guest »

Hello,
could it be possible to make a sync between some phpbb usergroups and wordpress role ?

I explain,
I have created using phpbb auto-groups extension, a dynamic group which has all phpbb user with more than 5 posts.

I'd like to have it sync into a wordpress role (or group or whatever) to able to authorize wordpress pages access to phpbb users with more than 5 posts.

Regards

Pierre
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Check reported connection issue
viewtopic.php?p=5913#p5913

fixed
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

!Important
On 2.6.7 we start to go to cover the fact that widgets are no longer needed when we are using a block based WP theme.
All shortcodes code functions will be rewritten where necessary to be improved and be easier.
Into these new kind of themes, and the way how WP work to detect the shortcode is much better (correct to me).
Before, and into old style themes with widgets, wp was executing widgets tasks before any other output, while shortcodes were executed just when found into the text, and after, the page had start to output. Very bad.
Now, it seem surpassed. I find out that it is time to move shortcodes code to the next level abandoning little by little any widget.
May i am wrong, but i do not think so. we'll see.
Even the iframe integration should be done using the related awesome template integration shortcode, because it bring the possibility to embed phpBB into any wp block and any new template/theme block with easy. Just using the shortcode block.

Session Cookies: setcookie will be improved to set the same site attribute when on php 7.4 or >
Will NOT be added any support for older php versions. The code for php < 7.4 will remain the same.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

2.6.7 released

Code: Select all

= 2.6.7 =
*Release Date - 16 Dec, 2022*
* Fix: wp_login hook not firing when on wp_login page (when certain plugins installed)
* Fix: little improve last_topics and last_topics_by_forums_ids shorcodes code
* Fix: add cookie samesite param for the phpBB session cookie when on Php 7.4 or better, while leave the old setcookie code for all others olders Php versions
* Fix: minor fixes
* Hint: remember that instead to use the page-forum for the iframe integration, on the new WP templates editor, and themes like WP Twenty Twenty Three, you should use the Awesome iframe integration using shortcode: https://www.axew3.com/w3/2022/02/the-awesome-iframe-template-integration-using-shortcode/