Missing folder

Soberbender
User w
User w

Re: Missing folder

Post by Soberbender »

Soberbender wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:50 pm Are there any special settings required in order to set up registration for WordPress through the forum?
I mean the settings for the phpbb extension.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Be careful to set the URL as explained into the extension linked post, or the cURL will not be recognized by WP.

Also activate the related option ADD users in wordpress when registration completed ....
Soberbender
User w
User w

Post by Soberbender »

Thank you. Since you told me to write to you about this work of mine, I will tell you in any case whether I succeed or not.
Soberbender
User w
User w

Post by Soberbender »

axew3 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:16 pm Be careful to set the URL as explained into the extension linked post,
And yet I managed to break the forum. ))
In the settings I specified the URL with a trailing slash. This was done in haste. I later changed this, but now I get an error when logging into the forum from any device. Is it because of the slash?
Deactivating the plugin didn't help. Same error. However, everything is fine in WordPress. Rolling back the files and database until yesterday did not give anything. What can I do now?
Help me please.
Below are two screenshots

Soberbender
User w
User w

Post by Soberbender »

I fixed everything. Sorry to bother you))
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Really NP! Very nice, remember: these are a wp plugin and a phpBB ext.
They do NOT change NOTHING into yours WP or phpBB but just manage user's sessions, pass changes, emails.
The unique thing you have to worry, once the integration will be maybe dismissed whenever you'll want, is the fact, that WP users may will have to reset the pass in order to login. Because the hash used is normally (but depend by the way you use about pass hash option) the one of phpBB, that without the plugin installed, will not be recognized by wp.

To fix this, in case of uninstall and user's hash has changed in the while, and you do not want to let users to reset their pass, it would require a simply plugin of 10 lines or 20 at max whenever required.