Missing folder

Soberbender
User w
User w

Re: Missing folder

Post by Soberbender »

Hello!
Thank you very much for the extension, registration works and I don’t need anything else for now. But I have a question.
I read in the documentation for your extension that it will not be possible to use any characters other than letters and numbers to create a login.
Is there any way to get around this? Users asked me, many want the nickname “First Name Last Name”. That is, him need a “space” when creating a login.
Or am I wrong and can I set any characters for the login?
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Ok, maybe the explain is not ok.
Where i've write it sorry? :? (please point me +- where it is so i will change)
A valid WordPress username is one that only has alphanumeric characters (letters and numbers), spaces, and/or certain special characters, namely spaces, underscores, hyphens, periods, and @ symbols. No other special characters are allowed.
So you can use obviously spaces to create usernames accounts into phpBB!

But remember that if an username is found with unwanted chars that are not
alphanumeric, spaces, underscores, hyphens, periods, and @

(so other chars not suitable for wordpress) the plugin code as is now, will purge the username, until possible removing unwanted chars, and as explained somewhere, so you'll have as result an user with different usernames, linked by same email (as easy it can be argued).

2.7.4 is coming very soon to fix all main bugs, and will be very cool ;)
viewtopic.php?t=1801
Soberbender
User w
User w

Post by Soberbender »

axew3 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:04 am So you can use obviously spaces to create usernames accounts into phpBB!
Sorry, it means I was wrong, as I expected.
And this is good.
Thanks again!