Login Issue after Paid Membership Pro Integration

fediddy
User ww
User ww

Login Issue after Paid Membership Pro Integration

Post by fediddy »

First I’d like to thank the creator of this integration plug for the wonderful work and support. You are blessing for all the hard work you put in. Especially with helping getting Paid Membership Pro integrated to work with Phpbb and wordpress group/role automatic switching.

There seems to be an issue with I think the https://www.axew3.com/w3/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1806 Paid Membership Pro integration.

It lost the automatic login to both when logging in to one.

Can you help me troubleshoot this? Please let me know what information I can provide to ease the guessing game.

Also, with the custom code that was added to the file in the custom folder, when new updates come out for wpRoles_phpbbGroups.php. What exactly do I need to do? Save the code we added and then manually add it to the new file?

Thanks.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: Login Issue after Paid Membership Pro Integration

Post by axew3 »

Hello! Can you link me the exact plugin you're using and we are speaking about?
Thank you!
fediddy
User ww
User ww

Post by fediddy »

axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Just installed to test it out. Seem done quite good, basic respect memberpress (?) but maybe i've still not discover all about features.
There is no problem detected for me.
Could you try to explain in two words how the issue could be reproduced?
Also, with the custom code that was added to the file in the custom folder, when new updates come out for wpRoles_phpbbGroups.php. What exactly do I need to do? Save the code we added and then manually add it to the new file?
Activate the option
Use custom files to display Last Topics Widgets, Login Widget and Shortcodes
create the folder as explained, and copy/paste all /views (folder) files inside it.
When plugin will update, custom views files will be so not overwritten.

About the groups integration, i seen and followed all about the logic while looking for bugs etc:of next 2.7.5 so i have think to advice you about:
beware that

Code: Select all

$ugid = $phpbb_user_session[0]->group_id;
$uid = $phpbb_user_session[0]->user_id;
data of the $phpbb_user_session REFER to the actual logged in user. It DO NOT need to be used/fire, when an admin update an user profile.

# Vars
# $w3all_roles_to_groups_on_wpupdate_profile (declared on file class.wp.w3all-phpbb.php -> function phpbb_update_profile )
# $w3all_roles_to_groups_on_verify_credentials (declared on file class.wp.w3all-phpbb.php -> function verify_phpbb_credentials )

# $w3all_groups_to_roles_on_verify_credentials (declared on file class.wp.w3all-phpbb.php -> function verify_phpbb_credentials )
# are used to determine which part of code may is not executed, due to options values or because one option could conflict with the other, during some WP profile update process
so wrap the code into

if( isset($w3all_roles_to_groups_on_verify_credentials) && !isset($w3all_roles_to_groups_on_wpupdate_profile) )
{
}
fediddy
User ww
User ww

Post by fediddy »

I am not a programmer what so ever and am very thankful for your help. The problem i am having is after following your instructions on this post ( https://www.axew3.com/w3/forum/?coding ... NoLnBocA== ) the logins stop working together. When I login to wordpress it doesnt log me in automatically to phpbb or if I login to phpbb it doesnt log me into wordpress. If I log out from one, it doesn’t log out from the other.

Thanks in advance.
fediddy
User ww
User ww

Post by fediddy »

Update. I just checked it from my iphone.

Logging in into wordpress from the main page works and it logs me into phpbb. I think logged out via phpbb I was then also logged out of wordpress.

After logging out, I went to the phpbb iframe on the main page and attempted to login there and I got a critical error.
IMG_5298.png
IMG_5298.png (341.2 KiB) Viewed 3753 times
I attempted to hit refresh, still a critical error.

I looked at the url after logging on the error page and the url is

https://www.suicidekingscarclub.com/index.php/home/

This is definitely not correct.

I hit refresh on my phone browser and it took me to the https://www.suicidekingscarclub.com/“ page.

I am logged into both wordpress and phpbb.

I wanted to try if I get the error without the iframe and Went to /forums and attempted to login there. I also get the critical error page with the /index.php/home.