Brave Browser Issues? Do I have something configured incorrectly?

DesignFlaw06
User w
User w

Brave Browser Issues? Do I have something configured incorrectly?

Post by DesignFlaw06 »

I apologize if this is posted somewhere else, but I couldn't see it. I have a user who is using the Brave browser. He claims every time he goes to a new topic or message on the forum, he has to log back in. It is only when the w3all phpBB plugin is active. He's the only one that complains about it. I'm not real familiar with the Brave browser, but it looks like it's some privacy-centric browser.

Is there something I might have configured wrong? I would like to have the plugin enabled all the time, but this guy whines a bunch every time we enable it. Anything I should be on the lookout for?

We run a contest that the plugin HAS to be enabled for 2 weeks. We disable it the other 50 weeks of the year just because of this guy. And when we re-enable it for the contest, everyone else seems to have to re-log in again to get to it. Appreciate any insight.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: Brave Browser Issues? Do I have something configured incorrectly?

Post by axew3 »

Hello, i do not have well understand the scenario but, I will surely try to understand why it happen, if installing it, and testing some feature, the same can be reproduced by my side so to reverse and fix the issue.
I will reply as soon in any case
DesignFlaw06
User w
User w

Post by DesignFlaw06 »

I believe it happens when the Brave browser is set to the highest privacy settings. Thanks for looking into it.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Maybe when cookies are blocked? Because both WP and the integration are cookie based.
The way i tested it always worked after some time i used it for some tests.
Maybe there is more i do not tested, but should in case be about some other cookie issue maybe.
Cheers!