A stunning theme required

To talk about everything
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

A stunning theme required

Post by axew3 »

This site is basic, with default themes, it is time to improve it and give it the proper (very cool) dress ... you know something fascinating that anyone like to have ...
So i wonder someone could me indicate some of best www around examples that can inspire?
Goofkop
User www
User www

Re: A stunning theme required

Post by Goofkop »

A forum theme you mean?

https://themeforest.net/search?utf8=✓&t ... r=homepage

Here you can find many themes.
I have buy https://themeforest.net/item/bboots-htm ... 7?s_rank=4

The second best rated theme which you can buy
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

:) yes i know well it, i need to be inspired, and do one w3all theme!
Yes thank seem a good place ... i will see to make wp if possible, not so equal, as ever seen/is, about elements on page
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

i've start without any hint, and avoiding to copy others,
like an "insuperable clonator"- :twisted:

i can reproduce at pixel anything ... but i'm not a graphic ... i only know how to use photoshop at (i think) 80% ... htlm/css maybe some more (at memory), but i'm not a graphic designer :(

Thinking to what better for this site that mainly speak about programming, why not to make it very simple and clean?
I've remember a clean, very old vB style, of vBulletin version 2. Anybody remember the violet/blue color?

on spare time i'll going on on this and i'll publish here online the going on template, available for registered users to be set as template on this forum.
The prosilver is very easy to be changed into whatever you need. I'll try to leave him as more similar to default, hoping also to a better result :roll:
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

so this is just a test for custom modification, using pure CSS tricks and 5 divs added to space elements.
No more.
I have prefer to not edit any phpBB template file and his structure. It is under construction ...
kaspir

Post by kaspir »

axew3 wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 11:06 am so this is just a test for custom modification, using pure CSS tricks and 5 divs added to space elements.
No more.
I have prefer to not edit any phpBB template file and his structure. It is under construction ...
You may know this already, but if not..

You can create a child theme basically, based from the prosilver pphpBB comes with. I have done with with my site, named my theme w/e I wanted, and assigned it to read all prosilver files. If I want to edit a prosilver file, I simply copy it to my desktop, do my edits, and upload my edited file to my child theme directory, it will then be read over the parent directory. All it takes in your child directory (FYI:using the same file structure as prosilver!!) is a style.cfg file containing:

Code: Select all

#
# phpBB Style Configuration File
#

# General Information about this style
name = TopFew
copyright = © thetopfew.com, 2017
style_version = 3.2
phpbb_version = 3.2

# Defining a different template bitfield
# template_bitfield = lNg=

# Parent style
# Set value to empty or to this style's name if this style does not have a parent style
parent = prosilver
From there, I made my edits to any template file I needed, and added a custom.css files and load in in your header. Pretty simple mate, but plenty time consuming! Especially when you start checking mobile screens.

I have personally customized my entire phpBB theme, based on Prosilver and PBtech3.1. Feel free to use any CSS tricks you find on my site. I disabled right-click for guests, tho, gotta login to inspect. Here is a snippet from some of the cssmagic I collected:

Code: Select all

.postprofile .avatar img {

display: block;
   -moz-transition: all 1s ease;
   -webkit-transition: all 1s ease;
   left: 0px;
   top: 0px;
   max-height: 60px;
   max-width: 60px;
   -webkit-border-radius: 6px;
   -o-border-radius: 6px;
   -moz-border-radius: 6px;
   border-radius: 6px;
}

.postprofile .avatar img:hover {

left: -40px;
   top: -40px;
   max-height:140px;
   max-width:140px;
   box-shadow: 0 0 10px #77c1ff;
   z-index: 10;
   -webkit-border-radius: 6px;
   -o-border-radius: 6px;
   -moz-border-radius: 6px;
   border-radius: 6px;
}
Try that on your phpBB. :)
World of Phaos RPG online is making it's come back! Play free now!
Check out phpBB contributions & extension downloads. :P