phpbb moved/shadow topics, display twice thru widget

kaspir

phpbb moved/shadow topics, display twice thru widget

Post by kaspir »

I had moved a topic (moderator privledge) and had left a 'shadow' topic in the original forum. I now have a dupe on the last topics widget.

:idea:
Whenever free time is available (so hard to find right?!), I request adjust script to stop shadow topics from displaying. This would correct any moved phpbb topics (with a shadow left behind) from displaying twice in w3all.. what a great plugin!

Thank you!
World of Phaos RPG online is making it's come back! Play free now!
Check out phpBB contributions & extension downloads. :P
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: phpbb moved/shadow topics, display twice thru widget

Post by axew3 »

mumble mumble .... hey Greg, i've discover numerous of bug problems on 1.7.4, that have been fixed on 1.7.5!
About profiles, last topics and a subsequence of behaviors due to some code fail in certain conditions. Really many.
I've take a time to rebuild many things at best possible, due to main code structure.
I'm over today, after long suffering time here! Now i'm on routine another time, summer is finished.

Shadow posts not included on last topics widgets will be resolved as soon, probably also into this 1.7.5.
Let take note!
kaspir

Post by kaspir »

LOL, that sounds great friend. You know me, just dropping a line to inform if you werent aware. Im never demanding about it.

I wasnt aware of many bugs, but i never have any doubt, your on top of it! Take ur time.. your plugin is your beautiful baby!

Thx as always!
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

It has been fixed on 1.7.5.
Was necessary to change the query for last posts adding DISTINCT and GROUP BY clause.

so the first query (and subsequent queries on same function in the same way) on class WP_w3all ->function last_forums_topics() have been changed into this on coming 1.7.5:

Code: Select all

$topics = $w3db_conn->get_results("SELECT DISTINCT T.*, P.*, U.* FROM ".$config["table_prefix"]."topics AS T, ".$config["table_prefix"]."posts AS P, ".$config["table_prefix"]."users AS U 
              WHERE T.topic_visibility = 1 
              AND T.topic_last_post_id = P.post_id 
              AND P.post_visibility = 1 
              ".$topics_x_ugroup." 
              AND U.user_id = T.topic_last_poster_id 
              GROUP BY P.topic_id
              ORDER BY T.topic_last_post_time DESC LIMIT 0,$ntopics");
going to write the necessary "messy tutorials" about new features and fixes and additions, so releasing 1.7.5
kaspir

Post by kaspir »

Awesome! had a feeling I was the first to catch that.. dunno why I was even playing with shadow topics.. lol.