Re: How does this work about existent users in phpBB?

dyryk

Post by dyryk »

Hello,
I have a PHPBB site with about 2000 members I would like to add wordpress to my site will this script import my phpbb users into wordpress?

Also what version of PHPBB is required?

Thanks
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Hello, no you do not have to add users into WP.
User, when, as logged in into phpBB, visit first time WP, will be auto inserted.
And once WP_w3all is active, usernames you try to register on Wp side, that are existent into phpBB aren't added, the plugin take care of this.
Little problem can come out only if EXISTENT user in phpBB and NOT in WP, do not login into phpBB first and do not use the iframe mode, and try to login in WP side (As the plugin say: you can login using WP or phpBB login) using the WP Meta login widget. Will not be recognized as registered. And at same time not added in WP as already existent in phpBB. The user should use the iframe mode, or the wp_w3all login, or login into phpBB so visit WP. Will be solved.

The importer, load WP existent users into phpBB instead, you do not have to use it in this case.

We can try to fix also this with an importer from phpBB to WP but there are also ready solutions to this:
the most easy: enable the login/out widget of wp_w3all and disable t[he login widget (META widget) of WP . I will look to best solution for next version to solve also this cases that can happen.

edited:

No importer needed: solved on 1.2.7
dyryk

Post by dyryk »

Great .. thanks for the reply
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

1.2.6 will solve also the above. Just fixed. But i need to setup all others fixes before release.
No importer. On 1.2.7 old phpBB users are added on WP, also if they come to use WP login, without login almost one time before to phpBB: they are added on fly, so logged in on WP side.

It is very important fix, maybe will be released by the way also before other fix ready. Within 2 days.