Old phpBB user appears as a new user

axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: Old phpBB user appears as a new user

Post by axew3 »

SOLVED. this also, is one sure reason of many wrong redirects... due to cookies that fail if usernames aren't equals.
I've find out a fix 'not conventional', that will add the user as we need. Without adding filters or rewriting concept.
Before this night hope to setup ... we just need to update the wp_w3all_phpbb class to add user in the way we want. As i've see that if i set an WP username with chars as phpBB manually on db, the user can login with this!
so solved .... easy to solve, VERY, BUT VERY IMPORTANT FIX!! 1.3.0 coming ... :roll:
falcon
User www
User www

Post by falcon »

falcon wrote:...For example, old phpbb user =123.xyxy=User after first login atomatic is added as new member on WP as 123.xyxyUser, ...
Now character "=" is allowed in WP usernames and old phpbb user =123.xyxy=User is atomatic is added as new member on WP as =123.xyxy=User and again cloned as new phpbb user =123.xyxy=User. Now i have two =123.xyxy=User in phpbb member list.

So, plugin doubling old users?

Strange is that new user only siting on member list with 0 posts and "fresh member". Old user is logged in with same account data.

Maybe because new userID and that is WP userID. WP and phpBB users have different ID`s, right?

EDIT: Im not saw your "SOLVED" post ... waiting 1.3.0 :D
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

no hihhihih.... np do not worry ...
the logic is little more complex ... just returning at home, so i will code the easy joke as i've test it work on fly, and i will explain exactly how, with 2 lines of code i think the problem can be solved.
wp_w3all recognize by username, not id! ID do not influence in any case.
falcon
User www
User www

Post by falcon »

Nice, thanks... waiting update. :)

P.S ... So i can revert WP formating.php at default (i`m allowed "=" character)?
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

this will not save you if an user register on phpBB with a char ? for example. So you'll need to add all allowed chars.
Instead, we just add the user as in phpBB, via sql. The user so is recognized ever as need to be.
This exclude admin install on both, i've forget to mention above, as they are ever recognized by ID in wp_w3all.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Falcon you was very near to solution: i've do the first way, sql, fixed.
But after i've follow you so really it was easy. I've just apply the sanitize_user filter in the way is on new wp_w3all.php
just substitute the wp_w3all.php in this way on 1.2.9:
wp_w3all_1.3.0.zip
(3.38 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
waiting for your report!

as obvious, added wrong users need to be removed on both phpBB WP if there are. These accounts are all those containing different a-z chars and numbers on phpBB. Now users are added as they are on phpBB, into WP.