Disable/Delete User?

grungyape
User w
User w

Disable/Delete User?

Post by grungyape »

If I disable a user in WP, does it know to disable the user in phpBB?
If I disable a user in phpBB, does it know to disable the user in WP?

What about if I delete an account?
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: Disable/Delete User?

Post by axew3 »

About delete users: this feature can be easily added in WP side: yes you need to delete manually on both at moment.
I had think to a simple sincro script to add. No if you disable users in phpBB they are not also auto disabled in WP.
Two important points. Ok it will be added. All the necessary info to achieve this two results, as the w3_all plugin code is, are already embedded and ready to be used.
1) a deactivated user in phpBB will be auto disabled also in WP
2) delete user in WP, and deletion will be done also in phpBB ... and sincro with just a click. On 1.3.2.
grungyape
User w
User w

Post by grungyape »

Wonderful!

The disable feature I think is priority #1, as most people will disable someone long before a delete.

A friend just reminded me, when you delete in phpBB or WP it needs to know what to do with existing pages and posts. It may be best to just add the disable feature and make admins delete from both sides manually... so they can properly reassign posts (or delete them) with caution.

Your call.

Thanks again.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Ok make sense and is very easy to achieve. This will be for sure on 1.3.2.

... I think should be useful if ... After we have do an users prune on phpBB, we just need to to go on WP side, and click the sincro that will delete any user in WP that isn't found also in phpBB: the deletion should allow to choose about existent wp posts, and that inform about usernames before to perform the deletion giving a list. And another hint list of users that results in a particular state on WP and not in phpBB maybe, that can be consulted with just a click.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

For the moment, as requested, 1.3.2 is ready to be released within today and add/fix the follow:

if user is deactivated on phpBB, user will be deactivated into WP, onlogin (so you do not need to deactivate him manually also in WP if you deactivate in phpBB: if user as deactivated in phpBB try to login using the WP login, will be updated with no role, and logged out).

if user, is instead deactivated/activated via WP admin, automatically is also activated/deactivated on phpBB.

1.3.2 fix definitively the WP users transfer procedure to be executed safely also more than one time, so it can also be used to fix some problem that can occur during transfer process, or maybe useful for some other strange scenario where we need to repeat the transfer process. Transfer process on 1.3.2 is really ok now.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

here we go, 1.3.2 has been released.