Phpbb extension and WP

xray1
User w
User w

Phpbb extension and WP

Post by xray1 »

Am I missing something?
With the new updates, I see you have a phpbbwordpress now that installs inside phpbb. I uploaded it into the ext file as instructed, but it is not visible for me to enable in the extensions. Do I even need this with the way my WP is already integrated with PHPbb?

https://www.axew3.com/w3/forum/?coding= ... 90PTE3ODM=

Before I go and make all the updates to the WP plugin, I want to make sure that I understand you correctly. Thank you.

You might still have some of the old PMs related to some of the early issues if you need some background.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: Phpbb and WP

Post by axew3 »

You do not need the extension installed in phpBB if users are not allowed to change their email into phpBB.

You do not need the extension if users are allowed to change the email only in phpBB and NOT in WP, and you do not care that the changed email is immediately updated also in WP.

You need the extension in all others cases and if you leave users to register and login and change email into both phpBB and WP.

Why the extension do not appear?
Sure you added it into the ext folder as it need to be?
Should be
/ext/w3all/phpbbwordpress/
xray1
User w
User w

Re: Phpbb and WP

Post by xray1 »

Screenshot 2024-03-02 102443.png
Screenshot 2024-03-02 102443.png (28.92 KiB) Viewed 159 times
As you can see from the image your file is not as you instruct. The W3all has to be added and even then it does not show in the PHPbb admin area. This is okay, because I don't need it.

I do have a separate issue that I thought would resolve with the update. After logging in, using the PHPbb login, the screen comes back white. If I refresh the browser, the user is logged in and the forums appear. This seems odd.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: Phpbb extension and WP

Post by axew3 »

AH, seen!
You mean the zip should come with the
w3all folder, that should contain the folder
phpbbwordpress
so to have
and NOT
/ext/phpbbwordpress/
Ok! Going to fix this, i am sorry that so only someone has been able to detect the issue and fix by himself.
Thank you for the report
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

It has been fixed, the zip attachment come now with the extension into the proper w3all folder, so to have clear that the extension need to exist into ext phpBB folder, in this way

viewtopic.php?t=1783
xray1
User w
User w

Post by xray1 »

Thank you... I had fixed the file folder path too. I will look into why it's not showing.

Do you have any thoughts on the white screen after login and after refresh it redirects appropriately?